A job can be just going to work to earn a paycheck. A career means that each of your jobs, experiences, and training programs is helping you advance in pay or responsibility. In the end, is your work experience and education leading you somewhere? Or are you just going from job to job with no plan?
The real difference between a job and a career is your attitude.
- People who want a career are always thinking about their long term goals. They are thinking about what they can do now to make those goals happen in the future.
- Beginning job seekers often must work hard for little money. It might take a few years to earn bigger paychecks and have more interesting job duties, but these lower-level jobs can lead to great opportunities.
Think of it this way: If life were a video game, a job would be just one level. Having a career means that you are committed to playing the game to get better over time and advance to higher levels.
How Do You Advance in Your Journey?
Think of your career journey as moving along a path or climbing a ladder. Each step of the ladder could be a job that gives you valuable experiences.
- At one job, you might learn new skills.
- At another, you might gain a new interest.
As you climb the ladder, you get closer to your goal.
But the key thing is to define all your goals from the get go, so you understand what you’re working towards. This could be goals in term of job posts, responsibilities or it could be financial goals.
What has worked really well for me are keep financial goals. What ever can be tracked, recorded and monitored, can also be scaled.
In this video, I’m going to cover:
- The difference between a Job and a Career
- Understanding how to set financial goals
- AND… how to scale your career further…
NEXT UP ON THE BLOG
Fastest Way To £100k+
Fastest Way To £100k+ Everybody has heard of the saying ‘It is not about what you know, it is about who you know?’ This is partially true. Building relationships is the key [...]
Do You Have A Job Or A Career?
A job can be just going to work to earn a paycheck. A career means that each of your jobs, experiences, and training programs is helping you advance in pay or responsibility. In [...]